Discover what it means to be saved.
Do you want to put your faith first in the new year? Would you like to learn more about Catholic teaching on salvation? Please join us for St. John’s next Bible study beginning on January 19.
Romans: The Gospel of Salvation
Paul’s letter to the Romans has been at the center of reflection, conversion, and controversy from the very beginning. In Romans: The Gospel of Salvation, theology professor Dr. Andrew Swafford and Jeff Cavins provide an authentically Catholic, comprehensive, and simple way to understand the overarching theme of Romans-salvation.
You will learn:
- the Catholic teaching on salvation
- How to explain salvation to non-Christians
- What is required for salvation-faith or works
- What Paul really means by “works” not leading to salvation
- How Christ’s death changed our relationship with God
- The meaning of the difficult passages in Romans
- How we can enter more deeply into a relationship with Christ
The 8-week study will begin on January 19 at 6:30 pm until 8 pm and it will run weekly. Cost of materials is $26.95 and the deadline for ordering is January 5. Contact Natalie Klostermann for more details, 319-551-7650